WHERE CAN YOU LEARN MORE?
Some helpful resources for physicians have been compiled below:
- Dekel S, Stuebe C, Dishy G. Childbirth Induced Posttraumatic Stress Syndrome: A Systematic Review of Prevalence and Risk Factors. Frontiers in Psychology | www.frontiersin.org. 2017; Volume 8 Article 560. 1-10. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2017.00560.
- Nerum H, Halvorsen L, et al. Different labour outcomes in primiparous women that have been subjected to childhood sexual abuse or rape in adulthood: a case-control study in a clinical cohort. BJOG. 2013 Mar;120(4): 487-495. doi: 10.1111/1471-0528.12053.
- Seng JS, Sperlich M, Low LK, Ronis DL, Muzik M, Liberzon I. Childhood abuse history, posttraumatic stress disorder, postpartum mental health and bonding: A prospective cohort study. Journal of midwifery & women’s health. 2013;58(1):57-68. doi: 10.1111/j.1542-2011.2012.00237.x.
- Simpkin Penny, Klaus Phyllis. When Survivors give Birth. Copyright May 2015. Classic Day Publishing.
- Vogel TM, Homitzky S. Antepartum and intrapartum risk factors and the impact of PTSD on mother and child. BJA Education, 20(3): 89e95 (2020). doi: 10.1016/j.bjae.2019.11.005.
For more resources and insight into The Empowerment Equation's mission, contact Dr. Tracey Vogel.